Select Program is to retain players from our Sparks Program, train them, and scout for potential players to be added to existing Select Academy teams. Our goal is to develop players technically, have a better understanding of the game and prepare them for Heat Competitive Program.
Age Specific Technical Guide:
- Ball Manipulation: Cuts, Drag, roll, lift, toe-taps, and foundation.
- Dribbling: Inside/outside of foot, roll with sole, Single Scissor, the Double Scissors, Hook Move, the Step Over , Cruyff , Speed and Direction Change , Chop (Ronaldo) Move,
- Passing: Short and long passes, Front Laces Passes.
- Receiving: Inside of Foot, Outside of Foot, Laces, Sole
- Aerial: Inside of foot, outside of foot, laces, receiving on thigh, receiving on chest.
- Running with the ball: Burst through Spaces,
- Finishing: Finishing on 1 v 1 by using moves and cuts above and by passed finished, one touch finishes.
- Heading: For fun, that will also help to lose their fear, direction change header, controlled header.
- Turning: Inside Hook, Outside Hook, Sole hook, Drag Back, Stop and Turn, Cruyff, , Step Over
- Defending: 1 v 1, body shape and position, footwork, tackling, intercepting, pressure and cover.