FOCUS: PLAYER DEVELOPMENT FOR COMPETITIVE SUCCESS
Heat FC is the competitive soccer club of Southern Nevada Soccer Association (SNSA), a non-profit organization dedicated to excellence in the development of competitive youth soccer players. Heat FC offers a variety of services and programs that fully reflect the commitment and vision of its parent organization.
The vision of Heat FC is to offer players and their families a superior competitive soccer experience. Based on excellence in developing players to their highest potential for competitive play in a team environment as well as for personal achievement both on and off the field, Heat FC strives to become the club of choice for players, their families and top-level coaches dedicated to youth soccer. We believe that player development is the foundation of competitive success
– it is what we do and what we achieve
The mission of Heat FC is to provide programs and services that will support the development of individual players in the technical, tactical, physical and psychological aspects of the game throughout their youth soccer career. Our commitment to the development of a soccer player is not only the key to competitive success, but also a meaningful part of lifetime education. We facilitate our commitment by providing:
- Licensed, experienced and dedicated staff training players and teams in a supportive and positive learning environment.
- Professional technical and goalkeeping trainers.
- Speed and agility, core strength, flexibility and balance workout sessions provided by credentialed instructors.
- Participation in competition at a variety of levels including local leagues, regional leagues and tournaments both in and out of state, including college showcase tournaments.
- College recruitment preparation for the high-school-age player.
- Training camps.
- Programs preparing younger players U8-U10 who are transitioning from recreational to competitive play.
- We are one of very few clubs that has dedicated access and permits to training facilities.
If you are ready for next-level soccer, check out Heat FC!
HEAT FC WEBSITE
COMPETITIVE CLUB SOCCER CHECKLIST
Your child is interested in playing competitive club soccer, and you are ready to make the time and financial commitment. There are dozens of clubs to choose from , but which one is right for your family? What are the questions you need to ask to ensure that you make the right decision? We have the following checklist for you to consider:
- KNOW YOUR CLUB – Many small soccer clubs have popped up in the Henderson/South Valley over the past few years, and some of them have given the impression that they are associated with Southern Nevada Soccer Association. The only soccer club that is affiliated with SNSA is Heat FC.
- CLUB INCORPORATION STATUS - find out if the club is an IRS 501c3 non-profit corporation. If they do not have a Board of Directors, they are not a non-profit organization. You’ll want to make sure that the fees the club is collecting are appropriate and reasonable for the operation of the club, and will not end up as profit in someone’s pocket. SNSA/Heat FC is a 501c3 organization, and fees collected by the organization are used to cover operating expenses. If the club does not state clearly on their website that they are a non-profit organization, then they are probably not.
- CLUB vs REC – competitive soccer officially starts with the U11 age group, but most clubs form teams in the younger age groups as well. All soccer for U10 and under is considered to be recreational. Some of the smaller clubs will recruit full teams and coaches from recreational leagues, put a club jersey on them, charge higher fees and play recreational soccer in leagues on the other side of town. In many cases the goal is to generate income, and eventually take the top players from these teams and move them to other established teams in the club. Make sure the club offers added value for your child’s development. If you are moving to a club with your entire team and coach intact, it is possible you will still be playing recreational soccer, but at a higher cost in fees, fuel, and road rage!
- STAFF LICENSING – check out the credentials of the club’s coaching and training staff. Coaches in the U11 and older age groups should have at minimum a USSF National D license; those coaching in the U7-U10 age groups should have at minimum a USSF E. Check the club’s website - does it list their coaches and give their credentials? If not, there is probably a reason for that.
- MULTI-DISCIPLINE TRAINING – check to see if the club has specialized, licensed trainers for technical skills and for goalkeeping, and if they offer access to fitness/agility training for their teams.
- MULTIPLE AGE GROUPS/ABILITY LEVELS – to determine the stability and legitimacy of the club, find out if the club offers teams across all age and gender groups, or just a handful of teams in certain age groups. Also, does the club have multiple teams within each age group, so that players can play on teams that are appropriate for their ability level? It is important that the club offers a team and coach that is the right fit for your child.
- COLLEGE PROGRAM – for those of you whose child is interested in playing college soccer, check to see if the club offers high school teams that participate in regional/national leagues with an opportunity for college recruitment, and have club staff dedicated to the placement of players on college teams. Even if your child is not in high school yet, this is an important feature, because it tells you that the club prioritizes the long-term development of your child.
- HEAT FC – SNSA's Heat FC competitive club program checks off all of the boxes! Heat FC’s mission is to provide programs and services that will support the development of individual players in the technical, tactical, physical and psychological aspects of the game throughout their youth soccer career. The Heat FC commitment to the development of a soccer player is not only the key to competitive success, but also a meaningful part of lifetime education. Make Heat FC your choice for your child's club soccer journey!